Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

All Is Quiet...

As I sit here in the kitchen, sipping hot tea all is quiet. All except the dryer that is. All three girls are tucked in for the night. If I listened closely enough I would probably hear "Pappa Chuck" from Haleigh's room, "Blue's Clues" from Mackenzie's room and "Adventures In Odessey" coming from Sophie's room. Sophie just came down to announce that she has finished yet another American Girls book and she made a checklist of the dolls. Her movements still shock me with the level of animation that always flows as she talks.
Lately, the biggest excitement is the upcoming trip to "The Great Wolf Lodge!" We had a change in summer plans and decided to try out this indoor water park that is only about 2 hours away. We have visited the website often and Sophie has packed her suitcase and backpack at least once a day for the last week (and we still have at over a week before we go.) When Sophie was telling Grandma about the new plans she suggested we get out the toilet paper. Sophie's response was, "Oh yeah, that's a great idea I'm sure I'll have to pee!" I think she was thinking she needed to pack it for the trip, but in my childhood we would count down to big trips by hanging numbered squares of toilet paper and tear one off each day as the trip got closer. Well this is a highlight of each day in our house now.

Good Friends:
Last night we had a cookout with our small group, what a blast. A busy blast, but a blast none the less. 19 kids and 12 adults - now that is a cookout! We are so blessed to be part of such a sweet group of folks they make being this far from family do-able. This morning we were back together again for a birthday party. Very simple, VERY fun! We all just loaded up bikes, scooters, and roller skates and it was a "rolling" party. I'll get pictures posted sometime soon.
As we were going to the party I realized that it was perhaps the first time Haleigh was going to really ride her big girl bike. Really it was no surprise when she took off like a pro, and no surprise that she couldn't (or wouldn't) figure out how to use the breaks.

Tomorrow brings...
Mackenzie's visit to the genetics doctor. We have gone over my Denver Developmental checklist in preparation of the questions that seem to throw me when asked can she... It's as if when they ask the questions I completely blank. She seems to be right on track as far as my test showed. We'll see what they say tomorrow. She meets with the developmental specialist, nutritionist, and the geneticist, as well as having blood work. I am a little anxious to see what the plan is. I have been trying to tell myself this will be like all the other appointments over the last 12 months and they really won't have a plan, but somewhere inside I am still longing for one. However, Sunday our pastor spoke on "our times of complete helplessness" that is when we are most dependent and aware of Jesus. At the end of the service I could have spoken a loud "Amen" if I wasn't holding back my ugly cry. So here we go... we'll just stick with His plan of Him knowing for now and when it's our turn to know He'll will let us in on what we need to know.
I better get some paperwork filled out - the food log of the last 3 days - let's just say that won't take too long, or vary too much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment