We did it!! We finished up school today for the year. I think we will take June off and then start up 1/2 way in July and then all the way as August brings the high temps. Today itself was a struggle as we were testing to end on a note that we could be sure we could call it a successful year of learning. As testing was happening, it all hit the fan. Not that the answers weren't right, but the attitudes stunk. I wanted to finish school so I could more quickly move through my own "to do list." Sophie wanted to get any answer on a page so she could get to her "to play list." Let's leave out a lot of negatives and just say after a 2 hour nap and several losses of fun, Sophie was up and taking another full Math test with a smile on her face and the right answers on the page. She had changed her tune from, "I can't do these without your help!" to a sweet, "Wow, I really am good at this!"
What always gets me is the line. How far and hard to push to make her realize her potential without pushing with the wrong intentions of me being a successful homeschooling mamma instead of teaching her to her highest ability so she can be the best at whatever amazing thing God has already set her in motion to become.
Oh well, it all ended well. She aced the second math test and her spelling test spanning 5 lessons. Her attitude was so much sweeter after her nap. I actually cleaned the pantry and fridge, and had a tasty meal on the table (that I really did cook.) So this weekend will hopefully be one of getting things done, relaxing, and gearing up for the next sermon on Sunday that seems to always be as refreshing to my soul as sweet tea. I aparently need reminded weekly that God is in control of all of this craziness!!
Grace and peace...grace and peace with a little sweet tea :)!
I'm so pride of all your efforts. congrats on another year of successfully filling that littleone's brain! Thank the good LORD that home schooling was not around when you girls were little. You all would have been so dumb we always would have been "going back to gonna play" . . . not "THE PLAN". Love, Mom
ReplyDelete