Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quiet Time?!

Quiet time is such a funny little title for what is supposed to happen in our home in the afternoons. For starters Haleigh and quiet really should never be mixed together in one sentence. Her quite times are so funny to hear. If one did not know any better they would swear that there was an entire cast in her room playing out some grand event. Sophie needs to announce the end of each book that she reads. In the backround Music Machine is blasting because as Sophie states, "I can read and listen to music at the same time "- I call it training for future "mommy-hood" where multi-tasking is a must. And, my precious Mackenzie is sleeping to her beloved Baby Van-Goat DVD.
As all this "quietness" began, my goal was to get to my bath tub for my own quiet time. As I tried to make my way I remembered all the business I was supposed to take care of today after our errands were completed. (That list included the library, the mall, Old Navy, Shoe Carnival, McD's, Family Christian Book Store, Staples, Sam's, Good Will and finally the car wash - drive thru only on the car wash ;) I was coming to the reality that I was not going to get to my tub so I headed to our newly acquired massage chair with computer in hand to at least relax a little while goals were being checked off the list. Let's just say it was a good thing that I was enjoying my massage chair calm when I finally reached the office of the doctor we are waiting on re: Mackenzie. They had no records, no recollection, absolutely no idea who I was talking about. After some more calls I am again waiting, but with the promise we will hear something by tomorrow noon.
Now as I am finishing up my quiet time, Haleigh is getting the snot thumped our of her in the massage chair. Sophie is on my couch reading asking how much longer until her turn to shake. I may try to get to my tub, but I know as soon as I step in, yep Mackenzie will be ready end her quiet time :)
i'll post about our fantastic trip and fun when i'm not realing from researching the research hospital.

1 comment: