What a weekend, and it isn't even Sunday yet :) For Mother's Day, your daddy and Mr. Eric came up with a big plan to give me and Mrs. Mary Beth a "night off." I haven't had a "night off" since Mackenzie was born due to her mysterious eating problems. Honestly, I received much more than a full night of uninterrupted sleep (not that that wasn't enough.) I received the confidence that you all can survive one entire night without me. Not only did you survive, but you had a BLAST with special friends. Mr. Eric brought all 4 kids over and you all had pizza, water fun on the slide and a movie! Not to mention all 4 big girls got to bunk in one room. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall hearing all the giggling and whispers!
It makes my heart smile to know you girls have such sweet friends to grow with as you learn about friendship and this world. There is no better way to wade through it all than with family and friends that love and know Jesus!
Tomorrow we will go to church and then head to a small group cookout for more water fun with more sweet friends! I really hope to remember the camera!!
(You know its been a good day when Haleigh drags herself up the steps and can only get out, "I'm exhausted!")
It makes a Mom's heart glad to read about such joy for sweet grandbabies and good hubbies too!
ReplyDeleteG'ma
Sleep & friends!!! Yeaaaaaa!
ReplyDelete