Monday morning was the day I set in my mind we would kick off our fresh school year. We have some fun trips planned over the next few months so we need a little cushion of days. However, as is usual in our house, plans don't always turn out the way I imagine they should.
The girls were in bed early, under the instructions to get to sleep quickly and rest well so we could have a great, well-rested first day. Around 1:30 a.m. I heard the patter of feet, I got up to check things out only to find my Haleigh fevered with a nasty headache. Not much sleep happened for either one of us, but I was determined to mutter through if we could... and we did!
One of the foods Haleigh has missed is cinnamon sticks. I decided to make a surprise treat of monkey bread suitable for Haleigh and delicious to all. Again, the plan didn't work out, the monkey bread had potential but needs some tweaking before we post that recipe for sure! We downed our protein smoothies and headed to the school room.
It was a much later start in the day than we had anticipated, but we started none the less. With some juggling of timing, headaches, and material we thought we would have finished over the summer we ended up having a fun beginning day and remembering that this learning stuff isn't so bad after all. Now late in the week we are able to chalk up a successful week one!
Glad to be in somewhat of a gentle routine, brain cobwebs are clearing, and most of all... we are elated to officially have three students in our home school!!


No comments:
Post a Comment