About a month ago we headed out for some
adventure. Mark had a conference in Jacksonville, Florida so the girls
and I packed our bags, searched some Jacksonville websites, mustered up some bravery, mapped
out some fun day excursions, and tagged along.
Thursday, our travel day ended up with some goofing off and dinner.
Friday morning, once my three monkeys rolled out of bed, we met Mark for a quick breakfast, and headed to the zoo.
We almost passed by the butterfly gardens. I am so glad we didn't!!
I just could not capture it's beauty in a picture.
Tranquil, would maybe be the best way to describe it. Although there were several children squealing with delight, many mothers sternly insisting not to try to touch the butterflies, maintenance workers fixing a fountain pump. Even with all that, the soft music whispering above it all, the aroma of the sweet nectar oozing from the flowers that surrounded us, and the fluttering wings of thousands of butterflies all around. It was amazing!! I could of stayed in that one spot all day and been perfectly happy, content, and blissfully calm.
It was a favorite to all!
The Lorakeet feeding was full of giggles!! The birds would steel the feeding cups right out of your grip and throw the cup down when they were done. We all laughed hard! (Haleigh is in a tug-of-war with one in the bush below,)
The stingray touch tank was thrilling, we had to go there twice!
Instead of feeding the goats the girls got to brush the goats?!
Several times I cracked up when I realized our need to pause along the path was because all three girls were snapping pictures. (Considering I took over 575 pics on this trip I'm sure I shouldn't have been surprised.)
A sweet lady at the bagel shop early in the morning suggested we take bathing suites for the wet zone. I am so thankful she did. It was the perfect way to wrap up our zoo day.
Day one was a success!
Saturday Mark was only going to attend the first half of the lectures so we planned to have a slow morning and see what Daddy would come up with for the rest of our day...
fun, fun, and more fun to come in the next few posts...






I wanna swim there!!! Looks so fun...
ReplyDelete