Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vancouver

Our last time leaving Mackenzie for an extended time didn't go so well, so I was more than hesitant to head out the door for another country. Within the first block of driving toward the airport there was a song on the Christian radio station, "if ever I need you, it is now.." I was talking to God about feeling like I could puke at the thought of leaving my girls... and the most beautiful shooting star shot across the sky. It was amazing!! I felt God was saying, "Look what I can do, surely I can take care of your girls." It was a sweet reminder to rely on Him.

We made it to the airport in plenty of time, flew across the country, across the boarder, rented a car and this is the scene that awaited us...
Dairy farms and horse farms decorated the trip from city life of Vancouver to the fishing town Chillawack. Monday morning we met our guide and hit the river. Breath-taking views surrounded us.
We had lots of "bites" from huge salmon, but didn't bring any in (except one that I foul-hooked.) It was unbelievable the fight they put up once hooked. I could not get over looking across the river and seeing bald eagles by the dozens. At one point I was just standing there fishing and I heard a different sound just above me. It was a bald eagle flying so close above me that I heard the wind moving under its wings. AMAZING!
Probably the biggest surprise I had was looking over to see a river seal just bobbing by. We saw 3 of them during our time in the water.
It was a fabulous time to be out in God's beautiful creation with my guy!

3 comments:

  1. How could you fish and get these great shots at the same time? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buuuuteeful!! Can't believe a gal raised by Mom would find herself IN WATER in awe of large BIRDS!!!! GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the part that was raised by DAD!

    I'm certain she had a venison sandwich in her lunch box!

    ReplyDelete