Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Kickin' Off 2010-2011 School Year!

It never hurts to have some extra incentive to start the day well. Especially when starting the day well really means starting the school year well.
The "kick off" started with breakfast that included blueberry muffins. I'm not sure why, but my girls think they have hit the jackpot if they are served blueberry muffins with breakfast. So, "jackpot" it was as we cracked open our new book Everyday Graces by Karen Santorum.

Then we moved down to our school room where the "incentives" were sprinkled around the room, as were the eager students.


The list was checked off as some old subjects were brought back into our realm of thinking, as well as some new avenues we are taking this year. Lunch time brought a special dessert.
The completion of the list brought and even more special dessert-YUM! It was a great start with many smiles and memories made.
I am thanking God tonight for the opportunity to walk this path with my gals. Praying that He will give me strength and guidance for the days that will surely come that won't be as smooth as today. Asking that what we know beyond a shadow of a doubt at the end of this school year is that we are loved by The King and that we will do this all for His Glory!

3 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen!! i
    I would like to apply to your school. It is quite a stepup from my old school lunchroom menu. Have a great year and remember to keep me on the sub list. My speciality is History reading/nap time. Love to teacher and students, MOM/Gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come too??? I don't wanna sub like that other lady, I wanna be a student!! The school room looks perfect!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I'd love to sit down with you and pick your brain about homeschooling. let me know when you're free!

    ReplyDelete