I still plan on continuing the "stay-cation" post, just not yet;) below is a post copied from Mackenzie's Caring Bridge site. At the end are a few additional comments.
Oh what a sweet day! I pray that I will have the precious memories of Sunday etched in my mind forever. After the second church service we met with some of the elders and pastors of our church to have Mackenzie anointed with oil and prayed over. As we began I was not at all sure how it would all play out as Mackenzie wasn't exactly being still. As we gathered we were sharing Mackenzie's story in the shortest version we could pack it in. All the while, Mackenzie was showing the gentlemen she was not lacking energy as she ran around offering her new found love - raisins to anyone willing to accept them. Then Mark and I were seated with Mackenzie on Mark's lap. The elder who was leading us put the oil on Mackenzie's head. Not sure if she liked it, she paused giving us a funny look, and then she held her leg out with her toes as pointed as they could be as if to ask for some to be placed on the tip of her toes. Loving hands were placed on our shoulders and the sweetest prayers for Mackenzie's healing, along with wisdom, guidance and strength for Mark and me. But above all, that God would be glorified through this part of HIS story.
As we finished up we were thanking the gentlemen who had given their time and sought out the Lord's leading even before we met. In response they actually thanked us for asking them to pray for Mackenzie and inviting them to be part of this journey. The love in that room was amazing! The Holy Spirit was definitely there and we certainly are excited for all He is going to do!!
When we got home my dear friend Terri called to see how the morning had gone. She listened intently as if just hearing it brought her into the experience. Then she shared a beautiful thing with me. At her church in Richmond, VA she had asked for prayer for Mackenzie at a prayer breakfast they were having during the Sunday School hour. As she entered their church service she was asked for some more details to her request. Around 11:20, when she knew we were meeting with the elders, her church paused their worship service to take time to pray for our girl! I tear up just thinking about it!! We continue to be blown away by the prayers and love from so many!!!
As of today Mackenzie has had some raisins with her regular meals for 3 days and so far so good!! She is excited with the new addition to her plate and tomorrow we will add some avocado. We'll keep you posted as the week continues!
We love you all!!
*** additional comments--As we were getting ready to sit down, they were scooting chairs together for Mark and me to sit in. I was trying to figure out the best way to contain Mackenzie and decided it was to have Mark hold her and that she would by all means need her passie. I was thinking this very loudly hoping Mark would pick up on my thoughts. Before I knew what I was doing... I tried to put her passie in Mark's mouth :0 Let's just say it brought a few laughs!
Also, Pastor Hanford (Mrs. Libby, that you hear me speak of so much, her husband is one of the elders and former pastor of Southside) said he and Mrs. Libby had been praying for Mackenzie for a long time and in preperation for this time together he felt led to pray for healing. That absolutely nothing would bring as much glory to God then her being completely healed!!!
Thank you for letting us "in" on all of your day! So wonderfully uplifting!
ReplyDelete