Friday evening Mark worked longer than we had expected he would need to. After a home cooked meal we decided to venture out on a family walk. (Did I mention that we stopped for ice cream on our way to our walking spot?) We had a great time and got some much needed exercise in too.
Saturday morning I headed out alone for a new do. I was way overdue for a new style. When I got home Mark had the dishes cleaned up and the baby nap
ping. Then he offered the chance to discover a new little soup and salad lunch spot followed by a hike in the mountains. This is a favorite activity for us, but this year we have not made it to the mountains together yet - and July is almost over. So we headed out and had a blast. Again, the differences in our girls' personalities shined as bright as the sun. Sophie looked around discovering the differences in l
eaves, moss, spiders, etc. As we walked she slowed more and more claiming she wouldn't be able to make it all the way back. Haleigh walked three times the distance of any of us because she walks a slalom style path covering more ground side to side than forward. She stepped on, jumped on, skipped on every rock along the way big or small. And Mackenzie babbled and rubbed the back of Mark's head as she rode along in the backpack. 
That evening the girls enjoyed a babysitter and Mark and I headed for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday.
Sunday we awoke to get ready for church. We had the sweet blessing of worshipping our awesome God! After a shift in the nursery we headed back to our new found soup and salad spot, joined by many of our small group families. Then headed home to get the house ready for a special visit from Aunt Becky and family. (OK so I didn't get all the house ready but most of it. But Mark did complete a great store run for some good grilling!) They arrived with great celebration from the girls. We fed the kids hot dogs and fruit and sent them to the yard to play in the water slide. Then we grilled Grandpa's BBQ chicken with corn on the cob, salad, and fruit. And dodged the flies as we ate and watched the kids play. It was a super sweet weekend!! AND it wasn't over yet. Mark slipped in a surprise that Monday he wouldn't have to go to work:). We'll continue the "stay-cation" fun with the next post...
Saturday morning I headed out alone for a new do. I was way overdue for a new style. When I got home Mark had the dishes cleaned up and the baby nap
That evening the girls enjoyed a babysitter and Mark and I headed for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday.
Sunday we awoke to get ready for church. We had the sweet blessing of worshipping our awesome God! After a shift in the nursery we headed back to our new found soup and salad spot, joined by many of our small group families. Then headed home to get the house ready for a special visit from Aunt Becky and family. (OK so I didn't get all the house ready but most of it. But Mark did complete a great store run for some good grilling!) They arrived with great celebration from the girls. We fed the kids hot dogs and fruit and sent them to the yard to play in the water slide. Then we grilled Grandpa's BBQ chicken with corn on the cob, salad, and fruit. And dodged the flies as we ate and watched the kids play. It was a super sweet weekend!! AND it wasn't over yet. Mark slipped in a surprise that Monday he wouldn't have to go to work:). We'll continue the "stay-cation" fun with the next post...
No comments:
Post a Comment