When I told my Dad this story his response was a small chuckle and the title to the blog, "Out of the Mouth of Babes." (I can also picture the exact expression that I am sure was on his face when he said it :) ...
Last night I was tucking Sophie into bed she prayed that Mackenzie would sleep well and that Jesus would heal her belly. I told her we know Jesus can heal her belly, we just aren't sure if this is the time He is going to do it. I told her, "You know, behind every no is a greater yes..." I was planning on explaining what I meant when she said, "I know Mom. Like the little girl that prayed for blue eye. God said, 'no.' Then she became a missionary and painted her face with coffee to look like the people she was going to be with. If she had those blue eyes she prayed for she wouldn't have looked like the people and they would have know she was different. Maybe Mackenzie will become a missionary." Then my precious 7 (going on 97) continued, "Mom, you know Jesus is teaching us something with all this. When we learn what we are supposed to He will heal Mackenzie... Mom when do we stop learning?" I'm not even sure where our conversation went from there, but after my sermon I was somewhat renewed and happy that Jesus so alive and real in my Sophie!
No comments:
Post a Comment