This evening I had a meeting where we discussed the topic "Being Satisfied By Him/Rich Towards Him." It was follow up to a podcast, I honestly can't even remember the pastor's name right now. But I have to tell you my perspective has been shifted and I feel like I need to share it. I don't know if I need to share this for my sake, for my girls when the time is right for them to delve into this blog, or for a reader out there known or unknown. So here it goes...
My God is big, He can do anything! So here are some questions I need to ask: Am I completely satisfied with Him and the life He has chosen for me? If I am satisfied in Him what does that look like?
Lately, I have been so focused on getting a diagnosis for my youngest I have convinced myself that I will rest when the name of this thing is given to me- then I will be satisfied. Well, not really. Once I get a diagnosis I will want a specialist to give me a treatment, then I will rest and be satisfied. Well, no. Then I will want her to be well...
A few lines after this is when my computer went completely blue with tiny scripts changing without my prompting cause me to quickly unplug and shut down. I thought my computer caught a virus, but the next morning all was fine. Today my sister helped me realize my post may still be here and above is what was left. The rest of the post was that in this time of my life God is indeed with me and in control of the hand that is dealt to me. To be honest, the hand He has allowed to be shuffled my way is a great one of many many blessings! My husband, my girls, my precious sisters and parents and extended family, my church family full of friends who know my heart and challenge me to be more like Him, a home that I am more than comfortable in, the list goes on and on and on even more. So why is it that the struggles seem to get my focus? My prayer is that the One who walks me through the struggle and builds a closer relationship with me through this time will become my focus and my greatest satisfaction!!
Isaiah 33:6 Love, MOM
ReplyDeleteHey Sudeana!
ReplyDeleteI'm really not sure how I ended up on your blog. Divine Providence? Probably. I was doing research for a new writing project and had this pop up on google. I said, "no way...Sudeana?" And it was you! I read some of your blog postings and I must say that I am so moved by what you have written and the woman you have become. I am so proud of you! I stopped and prayed for you and then felt prompted to let you know that I did so. Please let me know if I can pray for you in a more specific way. Tell your family that I said, "Howdy!"
With love and prayers,
Tim Brown
www.fbclovis.com
timbrown@fbclovis.com