It may seem an odd thing to plant flowers in the middle of the summer, when the days here are 92*and higher. But since the days here have been 92* and higher I needed some fresh flowers. I am hoping I will be disciplined enough to water (or assign watering) as needed to get the flowers through the upcoming holiday weekend. To be honest even if they don't make it the attempt of planting was worth it just to have a couple of "planting hours" with Sophie and Haleigh.
While Mark mowed the yard I put Mackenzie down to bed and then headed out to plant our flowers with the big girls. As I arrived out back Sophie was doing her normal waiting with a book in hand. And then there is Haleigh, my "free spirit" child, she was dancing around the yard picking up the fresh cut grass clumps and throwing them into the wind. She couldn't have been any happier at Disney. We had gathered our supplies, just ready to plant when Mark yelled that he needed me for just a minute. While I went down in the yard to move some things from the mowing path I left the girls waiting again. When I returned to the planting station I found Sophie much further along in Miss Piggle-Wiggle's Magic and Haleigh was sitting with her feet in the bucket of dirt. Not only were her feet in the dirt, but she was rubbing handfuls of dirt over every bare part of her body and so extremely proud of how crazy dirty she was.
We finally began to plant and each of the girls picked the flowers she wanted to plant. Both were very proud of their individual pots. Haleigh insists we need to go back for some more to fill the rest of her pots. --- Last year we had a grand idea of planting in terracotta pots and letting the girls paint their pots. I think Friday we will freshen up the pots and see what our little artists will do this year!
AAHHHHH!! Another priceless summer night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment