Her big day quickly followed our return from our big vacation. I had not done a great job preparing since my focus had been on our trip. I was shocked by the absolute "vacation lag" that grabbed us for at least a week once we returned to the real world. BUT she gracefully accepted a very low key celebration on her actual birthday. A touch of school needed to be accomplished (we usually take any birthday and make it school free- not this one, we just had a week off, what could I do?!) After some school was completed we pulled out the mixer and Sophie set to work on her cake. She really wanted to make this cake by herself. I only helped out a bit and for her birthday she got a huge dose of that good old feeling of accomplishment and joy from a job well done!
She narrowed her choices after much self-debating, to Asylan, the lion from Narnia, and went to town.
I'm pretty sure she saw it all in her mind before we had the icing just the right color.
She worked diligently until she had completed her first self decorated birthday cake.
Welcome to 11 (and the striving for a little more independence:)
Happy Birthday Sophie! I can't believe you are well into year 11. I am loving watching God build your character to make you the beautiful young woman He is calling you to be. I know you will do great things for His kingdom. Never be afraid to step fully into His story. He has given you so much to share. Your heart is tender, sweet, giving and so loving. Your talents blow my mind. I love you Sophie!! Happy 11th!!

Happy 11th Sophie... I love you and can't wait to see you again soon... you are such a sweet girl!!! I LOVE the cake great job! :) <3
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxox
Meg