I Love Easter!!
Easter has always been my favorite holiday... so it may take me a few several posts to fit it all in, so please bunny bear with me.
Leading up to this past weekend you could hear whisperings such as,
"how many days till the brunch?" "will the new baby be at the brunch?" "will all the families be at the brunch?" "I want to help... find eggs this year." "can I make the peep vase for the brunch this year?" "I will be in charge of the music as people get here for the brunch!" and several more "is today the brunch?"
It all started about 6 year ago. I was longing to be with my family "back home" for Easter. It just wasn't going to happen so we decided to host an Easter brunch for our small group (much much smaller, small group at the time) to fill in the gap. Well, every year since then we have celebrated Easter together with a Saturday morning brunch and Easter Egg hunt.
However, before we get to the really good part of the actual brunch post, we have to pack away the day before as the girls and I got things ready. If you could just find your VeggieTales "A Very Veggie Easter" and crank it up while you look at the pictures it will help set the mood a little.
Our food is usually pretty simple...
however there are a few dishes that are a must, and one of them takes a lot of grapes ;)
While Sophie and Haleigh (mostly Sophie) filled about 300 eggs...
Mackenzie stayed pretty close to the kitchen helping me with whatever I happened to be stirring, mixing, or chopping up.
Sophie had waited and waited, feeling like this was her year to step into the vase preparations.
She was very proud of her final product.
Then finally, perhaps the most fun, it was time to cut out the sugar cookies for all the kids to decorate.
It was a special time as we got things ready
for very special people in our lives to come celebrate
a very special day!





No comments:
Post a Comment