Easter Sunday looked much different than we had planned. Mark was pretty sick so he was unable to go to church with us. We planned on the big girls attending the "big" service since they didn't have Sunday School. Hearing this news Mackenzie insisted she wanted to go to the "big" service with her sisters. I asked her at least a ten times if she really wanted to go to the service instead of her really fun class. She was certain she wanted to go with the big girls.
As we stepped into the service the seats were packed. To my sweet surprise God had reserved 3 seats right behind a precious friend from AM2PM whom I knew would be gracious if my three weren't absolutely still (Mackenzie had her own special seat on my lap;). Still more sweet surprises came as the girls were actually pretty still, very interested in the service, and the praise and worship time was nothing less than a treasure. Although I had no camera to do my usual clicking away to try to capture any possible memorable moment, the Spirit just stilled me and in that moment prompted me to imprint that slice of time on my heart. So even though I can't post the snapshot it has been seared in my heart... my girls all singing, praising their Rescuer for coming to this fallen world out of love, incomparable, incomprehensible, astonishing love to rescue us and pour out His grace on us!
What precious memories, and beautiful girls!! :)
ReplyDelete