Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just When We Thought The Fun Was Over...

As all vacations do, this one too was coming to an end. While Daddy loaded all that luggage into the rental car we took a few minutes to say goodbye to our week's "home away from home."
The morning was delayed a little as one of the fairy dolls was hiding under the bed trying to stay in this beautiful place that amazed us. BUT, Daddy was the hero of the morning. He found the hiding fairy and made a plan for the day that would turn out to be nothing short of fantastic!!

Knowing when Daddy is at the wheel there is always an adventure wherever we stop (and with a little encouragement) the girls stored up a little energy during the trip back to Denver.

When the car found its parking spot the girls were all too excited to see this huge building just waiting to be explored. Oh the experiences!!
What would water be like on the surface of Mars?

Who can get to the middle of the maze first?
Can I keep my blinking reflexes from reacting even if I try really hard? What would it be like to be a paleontologist?
How much do I love building with Daddy?
What would it be like to be the director of paleontology?
Which one am I posing like a stalagmite or stalactite?
How big were those dinosaurs?


Was that thing more wild then me?
We were thrilled to experience the planetarium. I'm not sure who loved it more, the kids or me!
The big girls and Daddy went to a great IMAX movie about the discovery of "Dolly the Sea Monster." Mackenzie and I hit the snack bar.
Even after all this and so much more (I know I posted a lot of pics, but seriously I took 99 pictures at the museum alone) we wrapped up the day by walking through a beautiful park.


We headed toward a recommended restaurant and found a sweet "old-timey" diner. (They had the authentic tin lunch boxes all over the restaurant. It was like a walk down memory lane. Terri they even had a Dukes of Hazard one. If I could have I would have gotten it just for you :)
Exhausted from an amazing day, we checked into our final destination close to the airport for our next morning's departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment