Our last day in DC was a great one! I have to admit though, if it hadn't been our last day I'm not sure Mark and I would have survived another. We were exhausted!!
We spent the longest amount of time in the Natural History Museum. I
think we could have spent an entire day there, but we moved on so we
didn't miss all the other great treasures just around the block.
The second museum on our path was the American History Museum. Sophie and Haleigh were elated to see so many things they recognized from our US history cycle we studied last year. Mackenzie didn't see too much of this museum since she literally fell asleep on Mark's head as she rode on his shoulders through the Presidential exhibit. She spent the next few hours completely out on a chair in the middle of the museum. (I was a little jealous of the rest Mark was getting while stationed with her.)
Our favorite museum by far was the Air and Space Museum! What a way to wrap up the day. We almost missed this great museum but due to Labor Day extended hours we squeaked it out. The girls had
a blast in the simulators. Sophie and Haleigh took a "spin" in the
360* combat simulator while Mackenzie and I were jostled around as we
"traveled through time" seeing the stages of aircraft development. The girls
were excited to further explore the Wright Brothers exhibit and Amelia
Earhart exhibit.
That night once we finally made it back to the hotel we ordered Chinese delivery and crashed, sure to have taken our last touring steps possible.
The next day would bring our travels to WV for the big Benson Family Annual Reunion.
This is a large section of our family tree...
this is my dad's branch.
We didn't bring home the cow trophy this year, however
we sure did have fun trying!!


No comments:
Post a Comment