Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

God's Compassion

This one, my Haleigh, usually she cannot climb high enough, spin fast enough, push the limits of being safe enough.  My free spirited fearless had taken on a deep fear of storms.  Nothing had happened to cause this gripping fear that would push her to ask me to check the weather forecast before she went to bed at night, to cry in fear when there was not even a cloud in the sky, but the fear was deeply there none the less.
Then one day in the mail an envelope appeared that always makes us smile, we can't open these envelopes quick enough.  This day it was a letter from "Haleigh's compassion child."  The one miles and miles away that Haleigh decided would be the child she wanted our family to sponsor, to minister to, to reach out to.  We read the letter as we ate lunch  and were blown away by God's sweet whispers to Haleigh through this precious child of His as we were ministered to, touched by her words...
"...I send you big and bear hugs"  smiles and giggles erupted around the table.
As I came to the end of the letter I could hardly speak the words written on the page...
"I want to dedicate you this Bible verse: 'Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9."

Haleigh sat there in shock, "Mom!  Did you tell her?!"  
How amazing is our God, mighty enough to command the storms, yet loving enough to speak to His children through His children!

1 comment: