This year's closing program was great! It was a relaxed time when the children showed off a little of what they learned, received their "at a girl" for the year, and then the families just visited and ate some good food.

This sweet lady was Sophie's tutor (CC teacher.) Sophie enjoyed her so much this year. She was so encouraging and patient.
Talk about patience! This dear friend has been Haleigh's tutor the last two years. She is so kind and loving. She is a sweet part of our lives in CC and beyond.
The coordinator of all the little ones she is. Never a day without a smile and a plan. This upbeat gal always had our little ones well cared for. Many days that meant filling, as you can see Mackenzie thinks as much of her as I do.
This pack of kiddos ranged in personality from one side of the spectrum to the complete other. They are the ones I spent my Monday mornings alongside introducing the material for the week. As this was my first year to tutor, I was definitely stretched out of my comfort zone, but feel we all celebrated many personal victories over the last year.
Then there's this trio of precious girls most always by my side. They are my life students, twenty four seven. They see the fun, the tired, the confident, the completely unsure, the calm, the frantic... they see the real me day in and day out me. We have all grown in grace over this past year. Most days are good, some days are hard and not pretty at all, we are still learning what this whole thing looks like for our family.
At this point I am sure ...
~I learn as much (if not more) than they do.
~I am thankful this is what God has called our family to.
~I couldn't do it without the encouragement and support of my guy.
~The joys far out weigh the rough day.
and
~Few things beat watching that "click" in their eyes as a smile engulfs their faces when they get it. Whatever that "it" is that they have been hung up on, struggling with, and working out. To be the one to celebrate in that moment, I wouldn't trade for the world!


Glad you had a sweet year!
ReplyDeleteMeg
So extremely proud of you all. Hang on to each precious moment as they fly by. We love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteLove this . . . and all of you!
ReplyDeleteMB