Beginning in September as we would go about our Wednesday schedule there was that lingering thought,
"Its AWANA night."
Honestly, my girls had one feeling about it and usually I had quite the opposite. They were excited to go be with friends, learn about Jesus and His amazing love and grace, and continue to work on hiding God's sweet Word in their hearts. My thoughts were usually more of how will we get dinner eaten, get there in time, and make it through the evening since I was usually already out energy by the time I thought through it all.
Usually once we got there I found myself enjoying the time with my little class of 4 and 5 year old friends. Missing ones that for one reason or another weren't able to be there. A highlight of the evening was listening to these little ones say their verse they had worked hard to memorize. Blessings came regularly through these sweet kiddos I had the privilege of leading. I'm still shocked that Mackenzie was one of those stylin' the blue Cubbie vest this year. As it was all wrapping up for the year it was a special joy to give my Cubbie her reward for completing her verses and tucking God's Word into her heart.
Mackenzie completing her first year of Cubbies.
Haleigh completing her second year of Sparks.
Sophie completing her second year of T&T.
Thanks to all the people who took time to pour into my girls' lives in the hours of commitment to AWANA. There are so many folks that have made such a difference to my kids in this setting. Thank you for being a picture of serving, commitment, and love of Jesus to my girls and so many more!!

No comments:
Post a Comment