When Sophie was six years old she asked Jesus to be her Rescuer. She recognized her great need for a Savior and gave her life to Jesus Christ. Not long after she began to ask about baptism. Sophie met with the Children's Pastor at our church and he told us the Fellowship Kids Team was working on a new arrangement to baptise children and he wanted Sophie to be a part of a future "Family Baptism Celebration."
Sunday afternoon we gathered with 6 other children and those celebrating their decisions. Our entire small group was there, as well as other close friends, who came to live out Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice
and weep with those who weep."
I had a pretty good picture of what the celebration pieces were but as the baptism service was underway I was blown away with this event that was designed to celebrate the greatest decision one can make.
Then a cupcake celebration for the children and the great work God has done in their hearts!!!This was an amazing afternoon and I am so thankful for many things
~first and foremost, thankful that Christ pursued Sophie's heart
~that we are part of a church that makes the Gospel the main thing
~that Pastor Rob asked us to wait to be part of this Family Celebration and that he made it so personal
~the strong Christian roots and examples that laid out by Sophie's grandparents
~our amazing friends who have loved us and our girls and celebrated with us
~and the really yummy cupcakes ;)
In the next few weeks we will receive the DVD of the celebration. Once we get it I will see if I can upload segments and more pictures. My camera battery ran out and the ones I was able to get of all those that came to rejoice with us didn't turn out so well.
What a truly fabulous and BLESSED day. "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of the children." Prov 17:6
ReplyDeleteSo happy our LOVE gets to share in these beautiful glimmers of this thing we call "Growing up". Love, MOM