Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What's in that pool?

Last Thursday the girls and I headed out the door for our 9 hour road trip to Grandma and Poppy's house. I had a "Parent Practicum/Tutor Training" scheduled for three days so the girls were being delivered to Grandma's house for some lovin'.

As we arrived, there was a funny smirk on my mom's face. Entering the living room we realized why...
???
Why, you may ask, was there a kiddie pool in the living room.
Let's take a closer look...
Yep, your seeing it right, three chicks just hanging out in my parents' living room. They were just waiting to be played with, so my mom "rented them for about a day so the girls could play with them, they love animals so much!"
Needless to say the girls were all three overjoyed at the sweet surprise!
I headed back toward South Carolina on Saturday. Lots and lots of loving and fun took place over the following 4 days while I was away.








Thanks Mom for keeping my gals so I could attend my practicum worry free. The girls had a blast and can't wait to come back.
Dad, thanks for keeping the stock of Dilly Bars and for driving our girls home to us.
We so enjoyed having you here for a few days on the return trip. We'll be sure to put a reservation in at our new favorite restaurant for two weeks from now when you get to make the trip again :)
Thanks again,
Love you so!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to get in touch the board of "Parent Practicum/Tutor Training" to insist the training should be at least a two or three week term.
    Just getting back home I realize how very sad an empty yard and pool can be. It hurts. . . but we will see our grandones and you big ones too in a couple of weeks. Perhaps I can arrange a stow away compartment in returning vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents always used to have Dilly Bars stocked when we went to visit!

    ReplyDelete