Two weeks ago Haleigh came down with Rotavirus and became severely dehydrated. Before we knew what was wrong we rushed her to the ER thinking she had appendicitis. We were surprised each day of our four day stay that we were actually still needing to be in the hospital. During this time some funny things were said...
In the ER: "Does this place make kids dizzy?"
"All the people were so nice to me."
When I told her how many loved ones were praying for her and checking on her.
"Aww, they all want me to get better, that's so sweet."
As Mark was preparing to spend the night he joked that he would take the bed and Haleigh could sleep on that cool chair that flattens out into a "cozy bed."
"Oh Dad, you are SO wrong?"
As I left for the night I asked Haleigh if she wanted me to bring her anything from home the next morning.
"A hug from Sophie."
When anyone would ask Haleigh how she was she would give the same overview,
"I started puking. I couldn't walk. Then they gave me this (pointing to her IV pole with a bag of fluids) and now I can walk again!"
On the third day of her stay she was allowed to try a clear liquid diet. She asked what that meant. I explained that a clear diet was any food you could see through.
"Then I can have crackers because you can see through the little holes in them!"
Our final day in the hospital Haleigh was feeling good enough to move out of the bed and sit in the chair.
"Why did you make me stay in that bed so long?"
Many sweet friends took care of Sophie and Mackenzie during this crazy time. One evening Mackenzie kept repeating her knock knock joke to one friend helping out. "Knock knock, "
"Whose there?"
"Hospital"
"Hospital who?"
"Hospital got Haleigh."
"Whose there?"
"Hospital"
"Hospital who?"
"Hospital got Haleigh."
Through it all we were carried by His strength and love shown by so many. Thanks for each prayer, email, visit, keeping our other two gals, snuggie, dinners... you loved us beyond!

No comments:
Post a Comment