Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Cow Creamery Field Trip

Tuesday was a beautiful day! Not only was the weather perfect, but we had a special place to go. The Happy Cow Creamery!!
We got to go in the milking parlor and learn all kinds of fun facts about the milking process.Then we followed the path the milk takes and headed to the creamery. I'm not sure if I'll ever buy any other brand of milk again.
They don't use the silo to store feed so they turned it into the creamery.
Next we loaded up and took a ride through the fields. They have an alternating system to grow fresh fields of grass each month to keep their cows eating as healthy they do in spring all year long.
The girls got to take a special side trip to see the calves. This was "Little Freak" she was the one that let the girls pet her so she was the favorite.
It was a a GREAT field trip.

(Truth be told I have a lot of country in my heart so I was daydreaming most of the day about living the dream of farm life. I know Granny, it's much better in my dreams than reality, right?)

1 comment:

  1. For the first time my eyes were diverted from my precious Grandones to the other "beauties" in the picture. I will always have a special place in my heart for a Holstein in a luscious green pasture. Two of them look just like our old cows Peg and Tee. For the city folks to understand they most certainly do have individual looks and personalities, therefore names. How beyond great(here awesome is appropriate)that the girls get a taste (or even a sight) of farm life and cows and little calves. I have to remember those "predawn" hours in the deep blowing snow that bring reality home. Anyway, if more people had the chance to see a little black Angus calf(even cuter than the little Holstein one in the pict) the marketing clan could just forget trying to sell Angus beef no matter how hot the term is right now. NO--I'm talking NO cuter animal exists than a little black Angus calf. Look it up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Please take me to Happy Cow When I come back. Love to you all, Farmer Gma

    ReplyDelete