We had such a great time. It was a breath of fresh air, even moments of cool fresh air :)
During the late morning we set the water slide up for the kids. After they had played for several hours they decided it was time to stir up some extra fun and a water fight broke out. The water was cold there was a lot of laughing, screaming, dashing to cars for safety from the bucket brigade. There was even one Grandma thrown into the kiddie pool by 2 of her son-in-laws. It has been a long time since I have laughed that hard. (I have no pics of all the water fun because I was one of the ones who dashed to the car for dry safety from my daughter as she doused my sisters with really cold water.)
Last week I was studying and came across the verse below. It took me straight back to this great time of laughter and such a feeling of renewal...
"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:2,5
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCould not have been more fun. Loved every minute of it...by the way you left out the part where a grandma poured cold water down the backs of two son-in-laws while they were busy at the computer IN THE KITCHEN. Don't remember clearly after that just laughing and loving and eating s'mores and finally sad but thankful that all made a safe trip back to their homes. Love MOM
ReplyDeleteSeptember 14, 2010 7:32 AM
This is Meg I miss u all.It is really fun to remember what a great time we had.Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Love You!
ReplyDeleteNow that I am safe from water I feel the need to confess that I stayed high and dry during the water hijinks! I am not sure how I missed the water but sooo enjoyed the laughter!
ReplyDeleteI took all the water fight pics. I'll give you a link to them soon!
ReplyDelete