Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Easter is the time I long to be "back home" more than any other time of year. As I think about all the special memories of Easter I guess more than wanting to go "home" I want to go home as an 8 years old and walk through another Easter day soaking it all in. Easter Sun-Rise service, breakfast at church, going to Grandma's and eating until you think you will pop, flying kites and playing Little House with enough cousins that we even had Jack the dog covered. It makes me smile to even think about it all.
I can't go back to being 8 years old hunting eggs on the farm or even go "home" this year for Easter so we do something almost as wonderful. We are making new memories for us and our girls. Last Saturday we hosted what has become our Easter tradition...

we fill the eggs,
get out the Easter decorations,

open the doors to our small group family, who cart in kids and food
fill the plates and table
relax and enjoy this new kind of Easter celebrations!!


With full bellies we head outside for the big Easter egg hunt.
(By big we're talking about 170+ eggs.)






The sweet time shared by this celebration and new tradition is enough to make me float for days, and that's just a hint of how long the girls talked about all the fun they had!!

We have been so blessed to have an amazing family "back home" and an amazing small group family here at home. We love you all and thank you for being what you are to us and our girls!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love you too!! Thanks for great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you can't come "home", it is comforting to your family here to know you are surrounded by "family" there.

    Miss ya
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect reminiscing! I was thinking of the kites just the other day. Love the basket pic of Sophie!!

    ReplyDelete