Our Sophie's latest love is reading American Girl books. Once she realized that there were dolls to go along with these grand adventures she began banking all her money and looking for ways to fatten her piggy bank (or sheep bank in her case.) That being said, when bed time arrives for Mackenzie and I can't find "Lovie" (her blanket/stuffed animal that is a must before we start the bedtime routine) I get a great response when I yell, "Who ever finds Lovie gets a quarter!" The other night I was really needing it and I upped the reward to $1. Lovie arrived quickly, a dollar headed to a piggy bank and bedtime was a success.
The following day Sophie announced that she only needed one more dollar to reach her goal to order her first (6 in) American Girl doll. Then a twinkle appeared in her eye as she said, "I bet you'll need help finding Lovie tonight." I told her I remembered putting Lovie on my bed, maybe I would need her help the next night. She snickered and said, "I think you'll need me tonight." You know where this is going...
Sophie began to get nervous that she had let the cat out of the bag a little too far. I asked if she hid Lovie. She asked if she would be in trouble if she did. Then followed up the question with I'll still get a dollar when you need it right?! Let's just say Lovie was hiding in her underwear drawer ("because I knew you would never look there!") And Sophie had to wait until she had completed all her chores for the next day before her goal was met.
Kaya arrived yesterday in the mail :)
Have a fun weekend!
If we must ever divide into teams, I want Sophie on my side!
ReplyDelete