... isn't that the way it always is?! Just trying to catch up, seems like that is what fills many days. However, instead of being defeated and getting more and more behind here it comes, in one fell swoop.
Since I last posted our days have been filled with many special things among the daily "stuff" of school, cooking, driving to lessons, folding laundry.... and chasing joy. Here are some of our special joy moments. After this I hope to stay more up to date, there really has been much to share, many lessons God has gently taught us, sermons to chew on... For now, here we go...
Our once a year, all family in, Broadway show at the Peace Center was The Wizard of Oz. It was really great! A fabulous way to kick of the new year! (January 2)
Of coarse there is always Lego love!
A great, new favorite cookbook that has instructed us towards lots of special meals and treats.
Sweet family times of just being together.
A school time favorite, science experiments.
A fun morning at the circus.
I think I may have watched my girls' faces as much as I watched the circus. It was sweet to watch them enjoy it SO much!!
A quick weekend trip to Columbia for a ID meeting. Mark went to the meetings, the girls and I played at the pool...
... and at the EdVenture Children's Museum..
...and at the King Tut exhibit at the State Museum.
A few days, almost as rare in South Carolina as the King Tut Exhibit... snow!!
and about a week later, more snow!!
During the snow if your hills aren't steep enough, just sled down the steps for a bit more adventure!
Sophie's first sewing class. She made a winter hat, a zipper bag, and these super cute frog PJ pants.
Long awaited special arrivals!
AND just this past Wednesday,
..she..
turned
twelve!!!
Finally, last but certainly not least, just the latest because it was just yesterday, Haleigh and Mackenzie had their big piano recital of the year. It was beautiful and fun. So fun that it will have to be a post of its own hopefully within the next week...
Till next time, which I do hope is very soon, if your day are filled with special outings, or if it is one of those days you don't make it out of your PJs, may you see the joy that abounds around you!!
(This post sure has helped me see that joy happens around me all the time. In the special and the everyday. I just have to slow long enough to see it and thank God for His blessings that go far beyond what I could ever think to ask!)








No comments:
Post a Comment