Two of things I know for sure about this year, it did fly by and it was not dull!
Throughout this year we have had some amazing trips.
![]() |
| (I know you can't really see us, but that's us right beside Mickey!!) |
Mark and I took the adventure of our first mission trip together. It has been Mark's desire for years for me to join him on a mission trip. They have become an annual part of his life. This past March it happened! We headed out with E3 Partners to Cali, Colombia. We had an amazing trip and I am telling you I experienced God in ways I have never imagined. God just kept showing Himself in ways that made goosebumps on top of goosebumps. That He would allow me to be part of such a beautiful thing as to share the truth of His love poured out for us while we were still sinners. I can't wait to go again!!
Then summer came and squeezed between all the girls camps and trips to Grandma and Poppy's, and Gran and Meeps' we headed out to a quiet cabin in Bryson City, NC. It was absolutely beautiful! We did everything from pottery to tubing. It too was another fabulous trip full of fun and memories.
Our travels kept up hopping but we had such great times that we will never forget!!
Sophie is finding her way in this time of middle school, pre-teen age. She is loving ARTIOS, which is the fine arts co-op she attends. Her excitement level could not be higher as they look forward to The Little Mermaid Jr. they will preform this coming spring. Sophie spends hours practicing her violin and is progressing nicely.
Haleigh is still as energetic as ever. She loves to climb, run, and play hard. A highlight of her week is our weekly piano lesson. It is a joy to watch Haleigh's passion grow and she is close to completing her first level Suzuki book. Haleigh is in her forth year of Classical Conversation Co-op and she's hoping to test for Memory Master this year!!
Mixed in with the fun Haleigh has struggled a bit with her health but it is amazing to see God's hand each step of the way. We have needed to further limit the foods she can eat. This has stretched us all as we learn how to balance the needs of one kiddo in the mix of a family of five. We eat differently than most families but we have discovered we can do this thing with cooperation from everyone and buckets of grace and compassion. It is not always easy or fun but Haleigh is showing GREAT improvements and that makes it all worth it! I am so thankful to those God has placed in our path to care for her (and us.)
Mackenzie is still amazing us all as she has completely left behind the struggles of her first few years. She is in her second year of Classical Conversations Co-op and full out homeschooling. She loves to read and math seems fun to her. Mackenzie also loves playing the piano and keeps her teacher and I laughing through most lessons.
As I look back over the past year there have been so many blessings I continue to be overwhelmed with gratefulness. Yes, there were tough days and we did have to say our final goodbye, this side of heaven, to Grandma but through it all God has been ever faithful, our anchor. We look forward to 2014 and what God has already prepared for us to walk in and draw closer to Him through.
So here we go... goodbye 2013! I've got one more game of Mario Cart to get whipped in, then watch the ball drop and then...
hello 2014!!
May you have a blessed 2014 and see Him more clearly and love Him more deeply!


Happy New Year! Love you all! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteMeg <3