The weekend to kick off our new life style rolled around and the beginning steps were being taken. Striping Haleigh's room and cleaning it well beyond clean. It was completely emptied and scrubbed down. We bagged her mattress and box springs (after we bought new box springs, I think her old box springs were actually much much older than her... maybe three times older than her) in dust mite allergy bags.
Very few toys were allowed to re-enter, and those that did had to meet strict requirements and a scrubbing of their own.
One special friend, the sea turtle, spent the night sealed in a baggie in the freezer to kill any lurking dust mites.
The next night he ushered in a much better sleep!
The pantry also had a make over. I threw away a lot of food that just wasn't healthy for any of us. Then I bagged up a lot of healthy food that just wasn't healthy for Haleigh and distributed it to a few friends.
Next, new items began to enter our life...


No comments:
Post a Comment