Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

in the mean time...

I am crazy behind in posting!  Much of that is due to a lot of sickness that has run rampet around here.  Don't worry we are all on the up swing now, but it sure has been a dozy!  
Here are a few random things that have been said over the last few weeks that sum it all up...
~Mackenzie~
After about a week and a half of Haleigh feeling less than playful, Mackenzie was yearning to play with her.  Finally, last Friday Haleigh was perking up.  Mackenzie literally said, "Haleigh will you pleeeease play with me?"  After a side glance from Haleigh, not sure how she would respond, Mackenzie continued,  "But I was born to play with you!! Please!!"
Hours, I'm telling you, hours.
~Sophie~ 
After our third trip to the doctor in less than a week, this time for Haleigh not rebounding well and adding a worrisome cough to her list of ailments and Sophie's barking cough that was hanging on just a little too long (however it did seem to be improving,) I found myself apologizing to Sophie and yet again surprised by her response.  Here's how it went...
Me, as we walked out of the doctor's office, "I am so sorry I didn't realize how sick you really were."
Sophie in a very matter of fact way, "Oh, I forgive you Mom, but I did tell you I felt a crackle in my lungs a few days ago."
Seriously!?!  
The child was diagnosed with "walking pneumonia,"  they both were... so they got to take the rest of the day off from school :)
 ~Haleigh~
Then this past Sunday evening I was feeling pretty run down and fighting a sinus infection.  I decided to call in a sub to tutor my class at CC the next day so I could try to rebound.  Sophie and Haleigh rode to co-op with a dear friend.  About 10:00 I got a call from Haleigh's tutor saying she wasn't doing so well.  I went to pick her up and a whole new episode broke out in the house. It involved 4 out of 5 of the Call crew down, firetrucks, a DVR box, Gatorade, and a lot of disinfecting...
My sisters and mom were great moral support in our texting loop.  It kept me laughing through it all.  A very funny snippet from my sister's perspective is over here... http://thewrightstuffforus.blogspot.com/2012/03/just-kind-of-family-we-are.html
but to wrap it up here was the final text of that night...

Finally, Wednesday night we all made it  out of the house to AWANA's crazy hat night.  See they're no "worse for the wear," right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment