Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

90


What makes me smile today...

Knowing I have consumed at least 90 slices of brown sugar bread at the round table in her kitchen.
Knowing I have been rocked way more than 90 times on her lap as she patted my thick leg.
Knowing she has given me sound advise and wisdom 90 X 90 times.
Knowing she stocked the candy drawer at least 90 times per summer :)
Knowing she could call "here kitty kitty" 90 times in 30 seconds without getting tongue tied.
Knowing by just closing my eyes I can see her, standing in the front of Salem Church, where she stood at least 90 times, in her green choir robe, singing "may it be a sweet sweet sound in Your ear" as the prayer led into the sermon. 
Knowing I woke up at least 90 days to the smell of a country breakfast, and the excitement of being at Grandma's.
Knowing she asks 90 times, each 90 days how my "babies" are.
Knowing that I have surely consumed 90 of the best apple pies, cinnamon rolls, and homemade rolls made by her loving hands.
Knowing she has signed off our phone calls with "Love you bunches XX!"  WAY more than 90 times.

What makes me smile most today is that this is a special day because someone VERY special turns 90 today!!!!
(and in just one short week we will cross the miles to celebrate in person:)
 We love you SO much Granny!!

1 comment:

  1. hooray!!!! Sudeana, everything you listed transported me immediately to the farm, the front pirch, the rocking chair, even the bathtub... How blessed we are! love you, heather

    ReplyDelete