Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Amazing Grace

Our hearts are overjoyed.  
Several months ago Haleigh asked Jesus to be her Savior, her Rescuer.  At the time she didn't say too much about it.  As we were talking about Sophie's baptism and what it meant, Haleigh said, "Mom, I did that twice."  Obviously, we needed to have a discussion.  It turns out she thought she may have been dreaming the first time she gave her life to Christ.  So after talking with Sophie about it, she decided she better make sure she was awake and ask again.
I can't tell you how many people have stopped us on a random Sunday morning to tell us they enjoy watching Haleigh in praise and worship time.  I can promise it is not because she is so still and a good listener during that time.  It is just the genuine praise that she offers up to her Jesus!  I can say  I am so blessed to get to experience this on a very regular basis at home at the most irregular of times.  

The class was attended, our amazing small group has been given the date and time, grandparents have started covering the miles, and Haleigh has counted down the days (for many many days,) and tomorrow we will celebrate.  Celebrate the amazing grace we have been given, the way the Lord of the Universe has pursued Haleigh's heart, and the adventure she will have as she lives for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment