I can't believe our Haleigh is 7!
(This is my favorite picture of her from all year!)
As I flip through the pictures from Tuesday I realize we have some pretty funny Birthday traditions around here...
2- We throw in our homeschool perks card for birthdays. Absolutely NO school on birthdays. (Which is extremely helpful if a cake still needs to be baked and decorated before that evening;)
3- The birthday girl gets to pick the activities of the day. Haleigh's pick was PlayNation followed by dinner "absolutely anywhere you would like to go, anywhere you name it!" Oh yes, we had dinner at McDonalds and she was a happy birthday girl.
4- The girl turning one number older gets to pick what she wants her cake to (hopefully) look like. We only do a "bigger than just family" party every other year. This was an off year. I suggested a Lego cake since my girl is crazy about Legos. She thought it was a great idea. I was thinking, "How easy is this going to be, a rectangle with a few extra circles on top." Then Haleigh came around the corner with a Lego Pizza Delivery Girl named Jamie.
Gifts were opened with a great deal of excitement. This expression and squeals accompanied each gift.
5- Finally, perhaps the most cherished tradition in our house for birthdays, is the hanging of the streamers. Haleigh couldn't call it a day until she had her picture taken with her new monkey slippers and her birthday streamers.
Haleigh,
You are a priceless treasure to our family! Your joy is contagious. The songs of praise that float out of you as you go about your day remind me of what a special work God is doing in your heart. I know this year will be special as you grow to love Him more and more. You make us smile with your silliness and love. Have a sweet year precious! We love you!




Happy Birthday to Hailegh! She is growing up soooo fast!
ReplyDeleteMiss you,
Megan