Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

We set out to make this weekend a camping weekend!  We had a few reasons for this weekend.  The first, to celebrate a friends 9th birthday.  The second, to claim some much needed family time to slow down.   



.
 We hit a few bumps along the way... after setting up the tent in the dark our car wouldn't start.  This morning a  wrecker was able to get it started but Mark had to spend much of the day on the hunt for a solution.  (The solution-not as simple as needing a new battery like we thought,  meant heading home early so we wouldn't have to turn the car off until we had parked it at the shop in Greenville to be worked on Monday.)  We sure did make the most of the time we had though!!

 Sophie loved canoeing!  Haleigh loved fishing (and caught one!)  Mackenzie loved playing with her buddy!
 Happy Birthday Josiah!!  I hope you had as much fun celebrating your birthday as we did!!  Thanks for inviting us to be part of it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect time (except for that pesky car...grrr)! Glad you all had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't someone older than "their" socks be in the canoe with them? . . as always MOM. . . Ha ha Looks like all had buckets of fun . . .why not no adults in the way to stop them !!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it turned out the way it did but I agree....fun was had by all (well Mark might not agree!) Hope your car is fixed now.
    G'ma - I thought that too at first...but you should have seen them in it....did so great! Plus we had a boat in the water to rescue them if needed!
    Now I need to work on getting my pictures out....thanks for the great post and coming! We'll do it again hopefully soon....without car and boat issues I hope!

    ReplyDelete