Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Unlikely View of the Fireworks!

A definite highlight of the summer is July 4th and the cook out that occurs in our cul-de-sac.
It was scheduled for the 3rd this year for the convenience of those working.
We mixed up the fruit salsa and everyone was dressed in red, white, and blue ready to go.
Then the rain came.
Next Haleigh started showing signs that she had picked up Mackenzie's virus that had been handed down from Sophie. The rain stopped just in time to set the picnic tables and spread out the food. I set the youngest two up with dinner and a movie they were very content with the promise they could have the best seat in the house for the firework display. Once Mark got home from work we slipped out front for a short visit and sampling of all the yummy summer foods. Sophie was in heaven walking Bailey, the neighbors dog as she visited with the mass of folks.
Finally, it was dark, it was time! After reminding Sophie of the "firework rules" even though she wouldn't even be near the lighting of any fireworks I headed in to set up shop.
Haleigh, Mackenzie and I got popped pop corn and crawled into Mackenzie's bed that was pulled up tight to the windows.
Let the show begin...


and begin it did!
The best part was hearing the commentary (mostly by Haleigh) as each firework exploded in the air...
"That's a sizzle popper." "That was is a spinner and then when it changes color it becomes a twista." "That one is a green merle! Isn't it beautiful! I read a lot of backs of boxes last year when I went with Daddy to buy fireworks. I know a lot about fireworks."
"Now this a beautiful sight!!"

Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the part about Haleigh commentating! I reminds me of Cole after he watches ESPN!! He He!
    Love,
    Your nese!

    ReplyDelete