Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Rockin' Animals" at Grandma's

Some of Haleigh's most prized treasures are rocks. Each time we get to Grandma and Poppy's house Haleigh will spend countless hours by the pond stacking rocks, washing rocks, sorting rocks...

On this last trip Haleigh usually had her sidekick close by.
The week before our trip to West Virginia I saw a craft in a Family Fun magazine that screamed HALEIGH!
Rocks were gathered and painted (or should I say designed:)


Pop sickle sticks were painted in preparation of becoming legs and noses.Googly eyes were matched and added.
Walla, rock pets were crafted!
Are these cute or what?!
They have since scattered about Grandma's porch plants so they can peek at her and blow kisses from their crafters.
(By the way, the youngest crafter who needed to be picked up early continues to ask to go to Grandma's house every time we get in the car. Haleigh informed her, "you had your chance.")


Thanks for the pics Mom :)
(By the way if you flip through your Family Fun magazine to find this craft they are all frogs, but who could limit such fun to one animal!)

3 comments:

  1. Great fun was had by all. I'm so glad to have something to look at that reminds me of our fun. . . I'm glad I cannot see the dried up tears;those of the wanting "MY MOMMY NOW" and those that wanted so very much to stay. We'll do it again (and get the bus schedule).Love,Gma (keeper of the rockin' rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.dor.a.ble!!! I love that pic too. What an awesome craft!! What cute crafters! Love it!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I love them!! I saw another rock craft Haleigh might like, and she might be old enough to do it... I thought it would be fun for my girls but they might be too young. Anyway, you bake the rocks for a little bit so they are warm (this is the part I'd be worried the little ones would burn themselves but the older ones could probably use an oven mitt, anyway...) and then color them with crayons. The rocks should be warm enough to melt the crayons so the melted wax fills in all the cracks of the rocks. Its really cute!!

    something like this... http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2007/07/another-fun-kid.html

    ReplyDelete